How do I mix Tailwind?
Pour>Shake>Go> even in hydration packs!
Pour 1-2 scoops in a large bottle (600ml) for under 2 hour workouts or 2-3 scoops for longer grunts. Shake with cool water and go! Start with 100-200 calories per hour for shorter/less intense workouts and 200-300 calories (maximum our bodies can digest) per hour for endurance workouts or races; adjust up or down as needed.
Example: 6hr endurance event, 1200-1800 cal required depending on your size/weight = 12-18 scoops
When do I use Tailwind?
In conjunction with a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle, before, during or after any physical effort, prolonged exercise or workout.
Can I pre-mix Tailwind?
Tailwind can be pre-mixed up to 3 days before use, just shake prior to consumption.
Can I add/reduce the measure required?
Absolutely, in fact we encourage you to experiment and test to see what works for you, that is the only way you can get the most out of your event. However, please bear in mind that the maximum our stomach can digest per hour is between 200 and 300 calories.
Here's what some say about Tailwind and how they mix/change it around:
- Try mixing some of the Naked with some of the flavors! When it’s hotter I like 2 scoops of naked to 1 scoop of Berry or Orange.
- For marathons I mix 4 scoops of Tailwind with 600ml of water and carry it with me in a handheld bottle, and then just supplement with water from aid stations as needed.
- The biggest thing I've learned with Tailwind is to allow it to be flexible. When the day gets super hot, I change to about 150 cal per 700ml rather than my regular 250 cal 700ml. That way I can consume more water and stay on top of my hydration while still getting the caloric intake. Tailwind gives you so much flexibility that you're able to adjust for race conditions. You just have to trust the product.
- When performing high intensity training sessions, I mix Tailwind into a "gel" like substance in small bottles and sip regularly throughout the session.
Why should I use Tailwind?
- Provides everything you need—no need to juggle gels, pills, or chews
- Tastes great hour after hour so you can drink and fuel from start to finish
- Hydration pack friendly! Dissolves easily and rinses clean
- Natural gluten-free ingredients and organic flavours
- Simply mix>pour>shake>go
- Pre-mix to prevent race day stress and save time
- Easily carried and stored (crew will love you)
- Simplify your nutrition plan
- Concentrate on your event and form
Is there a race/working example?